I recently came across a verse in scripture that really changed my life and perspective on food.
1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink,or whatever you do,do it all for the glory of God."
But here's Paul just speaking right to me (and probably a lot of you too!) that our food and drink choices are ALSO to glorify God.
The way that I've seen this is that when I chose to NOT eat/drink something I have to ask myself why?Why am I making this choice?Is it because I am afraid of what it will do to my body?And if so,that's stinkin' thinkin' for 2 reasons:
- 这是恐惧。Or,like I like to call it,False Evidence Appearing Real. If we are truly experiencing God we know He is SO much greater than our fears
- 这是偶像崇拜，从这个意义上说，我把我的身体的样子放在上帝对我想要的东西之上（生命的充实）！Joy!EAT THE DARN COOKIE!)
Is this an area you struggle with?Do you need to start asking yourself "why?"
Now,maybe you don't identify with food/body issues.But did you catch the middle part of the verse "or whatever you do?"
OH MAN. WHATEVER we do?THAT IS TOUGH.
On the surface,it's really hard to see some of the really mundane things we do in life (can I get a HALLELUJAH for folding laundry?) as to the glory of God.But,if we truly dig down,we can always find evidence that a task can be done to His glory.在洗衣房示例中：
- We can fold laundry because it cares for the family that God has given us and He wants us to do that
- If we do so with a joyful heart,maybe even humming along to a worship tune,这让上帝高兴。He WANTS us to be happy
- Maybe you can even use that time to really thank God for how He has blessed you.There are people that have no clothes,但我们有“问题”折叠如此之多。Thank you God for provision!
显然，it's not always easy to do super boring things for Gods glory,but if we dig down we can find ways!不是说我是完美的，一直这样做，但这是我一直在努力提高的！
所以，我向你挑战，问你自己“为什么”you're doing something (or NOT doing something!) and see how you can re-frame that to glorify him and see how your life changes <3